A Secret World is a documentary series that explores what life is like at college preparatory boarding schools by using personal stories from over 100 individuals, from a wide range of different backgrounds, to explore this misunderstood schooling option.
- Thought-provoking, unbiased interviews with current and prospective students, boarding school graduates, parents, public school leaders and current admissions counselors
- Educator Insights from nationally prominent boarding school leaders
- Statistical Insights about boarding schools
- Footage from participating boarding schools across the U.S.
- Comes with free economy shipping
In this part of A Secret World, we will help you understand what kinds of kids your kid will sit next to in class, share a room with in the dorm, and hang out with on weekends. We’ll talk with students and families about the transition from day school to boarding school and what it’s like to make friends, the socioeconomic makeup of college preparatory boarding schools, the student work ethic and character traits, and the areas where boarding school students are talented.
- Critical Thinkers And Good Communicators
- Academically Focused And Grounded
- Ambitious, Focused And Self-Motivated
- Confident, Responsible And Independent
- Gifted And Talented
- Globally Aware, Open-Minded And Curious
- Mature For Their Age
- Relationship Builders
- Stereotypes And Reservations
Included In This Film
- 3 featured stories
- 17 students in shorter (10 to 90 seconds) segments
- 5 boarding school graduates
- 14 parents
- 4 boarding school admission counselors
Note: You will greatly enhance your viewing experience if you purchase the 100+ page A Secret World Viewing Guide.