A Secret World is a documentary series that explores what life is like at college preparatory boarding schools by using personal stories from over 100 individuals, from a wide range of different backgrounds, to explore this misunderstood schooling option.
- Thought-provoking, unbiased interviews with current and prospective students, boarding school graduates, parents, public school leaders and current admissions counselors
- Educator Insights from nationally prominent boarding school leaders
- Statistical Insights about boarding schools
- Footage from participating boarding schools across the U.S.
- Comes with free economy shipping
In this part of A Secret World, we’ll find out what kinds of kids do best in a college prep boarding school setting. We will also talk about what kind of kids will not do well. We will hear from two current admission counselors about how they evaluate various components of the admission application, as well as what they look for in an applicant.
- Boarding Is Not For Everyone
- Who’s A Good Match: Student Perspectives
- Who’s A Good Match: Adult Perspectives
- Who’s A Bad Match: Student Perspectives
- Who’s A Bad Match: Adult Perspectives
- Wrestling With The Decision
Included In This Film
- 3 featured stories
- 15 students in shorter (10 to 90 seconds) segments
- 5 boarding school graduates
- 14 parents
- 9 boarding school admission counselors
Note: You will greatly enhance your viewing experience if you purchase the 100+ page A Secret World Viewing Guide.